Many real estate agents will try and dazzle you with 3-5 things they say they’ll do to sell your home. In reality, though, putting your home in the MLS, banging a for-sale sign in the yard and placing an occasional ad in the newspaper is usually the extent an agent will go to in marketing your home. The reason they try to convince you these things will sell your home is simple: They don’t really want to WORK to get it sold. Most often, these agents simply wait and hope for a buyer to call or come over. This is called Passive Marketing.
We offer you our 35-point Action Marketing Plan. We believe in WORKING to get your home sold. You are paying us a commission to WORK, not just sit around. You deserve more than just a sign in your yard and an occasional ad. Please ask any agent you interview if they will provide all of these 35 services to you. If they say “yes”, then ask them for their list of services in writing.
The following is our “Action Plan” and our written promise to you:
- Research the tax records to verify full and complete legal information, including the property’s ownership and deed type, lot size and dimensions, legal description, land use coding and deed restrictions, current use and zoning, and legal names of the owners.
- Research competitive properties of this type, price range and location that have sold in the past six months, as well as competitive properties that are currently on the market, under contract, have been withdrawn, and have expired.
- Prepare a Comparable Market Analysis (CMA), using competitive properties that have sold, to establish the fair market value and review the results with you.
- Present our full-service marketing system and how it’s designed to bring the most buyers to you in the shortest amount of time.
- Prepare a Comparable Market Analysis (CMA), using competitive prices that have sold, to establish fair market value and present results to the seller. Offer a pricing strategy based on my professional judgment and interpretation of current market conditions, and assist in strategically pricing the home to enable it to show up on more ARMLS Searches.
- Following the listing presentation, obtain information that will help in preparing the listing, advertising and marketing materials. Questions will include: “What type of improvements have you done to your house?” “What other features of your home make it attractive to buyers?” “How much do you owe on the property?” Compile a list of all upgrades and remodels, as well as repairs and maintenance items.
- Discuss your timing, your motivation and any immediate concerns, as well as how
quickly you need to move. Also, discuss your purchase plans and determine how we
can assist in your next purchase (local, new home construction, investment or
relocation), or if we can research and find a qualified agent to assist you in your new
- Perform an audit of interior décor and exterior curb appeal, and review time-tested
tips on properly preparing and staging your home for showings, in order to make the
best impression on each prospective buyer, and therefore improve salability and
yield the highest possible price.
- Explain the completion and use of the Seller’s Property Disclosure Statement
(SPDS), which will be presented to the buyer of the home, in order to make your
property more saleable, avoid potential setbacks and protect your legal rights.
- Take full-color digital photographs of the inside and outside of the home for the
marketing flyers, advertisements and the Internet.
- Measure all the major room sizes to assist potential buyers in visualizing and
planning for placement of their furniture.
- Create a home-highlight flyer of the features and lifestyle benefits of the home, for
use by the buyers and their agents.
- Place a state-of-the-art, electronically-keyed security lock box at your property to
allow buyers and their agents to view your home conveniently, but without
compromising your family’s security. The lockbox records the date and time of each
showing, as well as the agent’s name and brokerage, their phone number and their
email address, for secure, but easy access by the real estate agents showing your
- Enter property data into the Arizona Multiple Listing Service (ARMLS) database for
exposure to all active real estate agents in the area.
- Set up a seller’s home warranty, to protect your home during the listing period and
for the 12 months after the sale, in order to reassure the buyer of the quality and
integrity of your home.
- Upload digital photos of the interior and exterior of the home to the ARMLS, to allow
buyers and agents to view these photos when narrowing down the homes they will
actually tour. This service makes detailed information on your property available to
tens of thousands of cooperating real estate agents and REALTORS® in Maricopa
- List your property on our proprietary website (northphoenixrealestate.com) and the
HomeSmart brokerage website (HomeSmartInternational.com), which in turn lists
your home with over 1,000 syndicated search engines and websites worldwide,
including Yahoo Real Estate, Homes.com, Realtor.com, Zillow.com and
HomeFinder.com, just to name a few. Such internet coverage “tells the world” about
your home, giving your listing unsurpassed market exposure.
- Maximize showing potential through professional signage and appropriate sign
riders. Install an info box under the “For Sale” sign, making the home-highlight
flyers available to those passing by. HomeSmart has one of the most recognizable
logos in our local real estate market, because it is the largest brokerage in the
valley, in the state and in the southwest.
- Schedule a free Virtual Tour video session while your home is in its prime, in order
to promote its value over others on the market, and upload it to the ARMLS
database. A Virtual “Open House” Tour attracts buyers from around the country 24
hours a day without interrupting your life—at any time of the day or night.
- If needed, create and upload email flyers to thousands of real
estate agents in the valley, reminding them of the features of the home.
- Provide Open Houses with a licensed Realtor to maximize the number of
customers and arrange for an ad on the MLS to alert agents ahead of time and
generate more traffic.
- Personally call and prospect for potential buyers. Work with buyers in showing and
finding them homes, always attempting to show our listed properties first, if
- Follow up phone-call and email respondents to identify potential buyers and protect
you from curiosity seekers..
- Capture feedback from showing agents after all showings, and place regular weekly
update calls or emails to discuss all showings, marketing and pricing to determine if
any changes will accelerate the sale and to answer any questions you might have.
- Keep you well informed by providing you with timely feedback from the showing
agents, based on comments from their prospective buyers who visited your home.
This feedback is accomplished through personal phone calls and emails to these
- Make sure that each and every potential buyer, both ours and theirs, is pre-
approved before presenting their offer, to make sure you can ‘take it to the bank’.
- Receive and review all Offers to Purchase contracts submitted by buyers and
buyer’s agents to determine the best negotiation position. Provide counsel on each
offer, explaining the merits and weaknesses of each component of each offer.
Negotiate the highest price and best terms for you and your situation.
- Prepare and convey any counteroffers, acceptance or addendums to the buyer’s
agent to ensure that all the details in the contract are properly documented, and that
your interests are protected. When an offer to Purchase Contract is accepted and
signed by you, deliver the signed offer to the buyer’s agent.
- Attempt to clarify and resolve any conflicts about repairs if the buyer is not satisfied.
- Provide comparable sales used in market pricing to the Appraiser to confirm the
validity of the sales price. Follow-up on appraisal and question the appraisal report
if it seems too low.
- Work with the buyer’s agent in scheduling and conducting the buyer’s Final Walk-
through prior to closing.
- Closely monitor all activities with the lender, escrow officer, inspector, appraiser,
other agent, etc., and keep you informed with prompt, honest and consistent
communication. Also, track all contingencies and conditions to ensure a smooth
and successful, smooth and timely close of escrow.
- Handle all follow-up and paperwork after the sale, to make sure all aspects of the
transaction are handled smoothly and efficiently.
- Arrange possession and transfer of the home, including keys, warranties, garage
door openers, appliance manuals, community pool keys, mail box keys, and
educate the new owners of garbage days/recycling, mail procedures, etc.
- Help you relocate locally, or out of area with highly experienced agents across the
globe. You are sure to have the highest quality agent to help you on both sides of
your move to make it worry and stress-free.
You can only get results with an aggressive selling team, backed by an ACTION Marketing Plan. We even guarantee it in writing that we will perform as agreed…or you can cancel the listing at any time. The agent you hire truly does make the difference!!